Tuesday, May 1, 2012

MUDVILLE'S OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE/ ORIGIN!!

So its been a good Year since this project was remade, re-organized, and re-named Mudville! For most of us its been a few years. A little short story on how Mudville came to be. Mudville was originally supposed to be The Daily Grind Video. If you dont remember the promo's here are some right here. Take your time to look at these.

[First one]





In this one I didnt have the equipment I had today. I was using Hi8 tapes and transferring them into my computer using a program that allowed me to do so. Also, I had to use Windows Movie Maker and borrowed my homie Freddy Guzman (idk if you guys remember him.) camera. Thus the difference in quality in some clips. But I wanted to make this one artsy fartsy. I remember posting this up on Myspace (yeah myspace!) and Bill (the owner of the shop) asking me why I made a video of the team just falling down. So my team manager nor the rest of my team didnt get what I was trying to do, but my youtube subscribers at the time did. So it wasnt a total loss. The Team at this time I believe was
  • Josh (i forgot his last name)
  • Brandino Adams
  • Troy Baker
  • Nathan Hasleton
  • Matt Sercey
  • Ivyn Taasin

 Then it went to this one below.

[Second one]





At this time we had made a few changes in the team and had some additions to the team. At this time the team consisted of
  • Brandino Adams
  • Troy Baker
  • Daniel Fell
  • Nathan Hasleton
  • Jeremiah Kamstra
  • Clifford Riberal
  • Ivyn Taasin
We added a few friends to the trailer that were really down with the shop and would come by and chill alot. This one had a few clips from their actual parts since Bill wanted it up pronto. Hella people were stoked on it especially the youtube community.  We had a deadline that was supposed to be that summer in 2009 but as we know, the shop ended up closing down that summer the video was supposed to be released. The video wouldn't have been completed anyway since all of us didnt have full parts at the time. Bummed out and doing nothing at home, I got a call from Bill who was working the VERY last day of the store being opened. He told me to swing by. So I grabbed Lionel Rucker (good friend of mine who used to skate vert alot with me at lathrop) and we headed out to the shop. We had a real deep conversation about the skate shop and how much it meant to Bill, Myself and all its supporters. I asked Bill "What should we do with the video?". He replied "Finish it! I'd like to see what you guys did! Do it in memory of the shop bro!". So thats what I did.

I had to find myself for a few months since I lost my job and needed a source of income. I still had alot of boards that Bill had hooked me up with and some clothes so I was good on decks for a long while. After finally landing a job at a place I regret and to this day want to burn down, me and clifford were talking about re-naming the video. Clifford came up with "Oh Shit! Its the Fuzz!!". We did alot of filming in San Diego that summer so we were stacking footage for the video. Originally It was just supposed to be the team listed below the 2nd trailer. But no one ever wanted to film. So I decided to add a few people into the video to fill in the spots.
  • Joey Castrejon
  • Nick Riker 
  • Daniel Enriquez
After coming back from our SD trip me and Clifford wanted to get some footage at WRHS. Thats where we met up with Sid. We told him what we were doing with the footage we were stacking and he asked if he could be apart of it. So I said fuck it! why not!?. So after we decided Sid was on board Francis wanted in too! So now the cast was looking like this.
  • Joey Castrejon
  • Nick Riker
  • Daniel Enriquez
  • Sid Mascardo
  • Clifford Riberal
  • Ivyn Taasin
  • Francis Tongpalad
Then we made this trailer




This was I believe Sid's summer becoming a senior in high school so he was always chillin with Candy. I never really skated with Candy alot before then. He turned out to be a real cool dude and Candy then asked me if he can get in it too! So I said yeah why not. These dudes were KILLIN IT! If you seen the actual Fuzz video these dudes put in some work! Then I thought about what Nick told me, he mentioned "Its sick that we're making this video with lathrop skaters because no one even knows lathrop has skaters! or even a skate park! So its nice to have a little coverage to let people know we're here". Thats when it hit me. I thought to myself "Maybe this video should be for them!". I thought because they were killin it so hard it should be about them! I talked to cliff about it and we decided to pull each other out of the video.

So that came out about Summer 2011 right? At this time I still couldn't get a hold of any of my old teammates from the shop. But I did however get a hold of Troy and Brandino. Troy had moved to Idaho, but Brandino was down to film. During the Fuzz we filmed a few tricks before he got locked up. Then I got a hold of John Escalante since he used to work/ride for the shop too. He was down to start the video back up again. I had some real old footage of him with his box so it was koo we can just stack on top of that. Since clifford was out in SD doing his schooling shit, me and John were brainstorming some ideas on what to call the video. He came up with Mudville like Stocktons Mudville 9. I thought that was a dope ass idea! So thats what the Skate shop video was now called. MUDVILLE.

I managed to get in contact with Daniel Fell and Jeremiah Kamstra who were also down. So now we FINALLY got what was supposed to be the Daily Grind video back on track! Cast was changed up a bit but finalized.

  • Brandino Adams
  • Troy Baker
  • Chris Consul
  • Candy Elizondo
  • John Escalante
  • Daniel Fell
  • Clifford Riberal
  • Ivyn Taasin
  • and a Friends section!
So thats going to be 9 parts but 2 are shared, mimicking the Mudville 9. Oh btw, if you didnt know about the Mudville 9 but live and stockton and call stockton Mudville, slap yourself and learn a little history haha ;D. Its been a LONG year full of injuries minor and major, and alot of hammers have been thrown. But now since I have a kid time for my skateboarding has been cut. On top of that my newest job which I will be commuting for in the summer will give me less time than I already have. so Mudville that was supposed to be released in the Fall now has to be released a month 1/2 earlier in the Summer. I would just keep it at the fall but how will I find the time to film everyone and fully edit all those parts! On top of that, I want to have an actual premiere for this video here in Lathrop though. Why lathrop when its called Mudville? Because I have connections on getting a place for free rather than having to pay. Free is always good. So, the Official release date will be June 22nd! Dead line will be 3 days before that! We'll have the premiere (if allowed to) at the Lathrop Community Center. A week after the premiere the video will be released part by part on youtube :D.

Then this is the actual trailer for Mudville

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQRxD5yeUN4



Im also proud to say that Pandora Skateboards from Australia is helping sponsor the video by promoting it in their country along with connections with youtube famous Calum Wood. He has thousands of subscribers along with Pandora who are making videos on telling people to watch Mudville. So its not just local, its international! On top of that Elevated Contemplation is helping sponsor this video also!   Im excited about this project! This is the biggest thing I've ever worked on or even created! But unfortunately this will be my last video part for reasons already stated. But aye, lets go down with a bang!


No comments:

Post a Comment